Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Strep Again. FML

I went to the doctor yesterday because I was feeling miserable on both Sunday and Monday, then felt worse on Tuesday. My throat was raw, I was gagging on my tonsils, I couldn't swallow, I had a wicked headache, my neck and ears were hurting, and I couldn't bend over without the ear/neck/head pain getting worse. The last time that happened, I had a postitive strep culture so I decided I would go ahead and get it checked out. Turns out, I do have strep throat (well, enough bacteria to get a positive rapid strep test). The doctor gave me a choice between pills and a penicillin shot and, since I was having a lot of trouble swallowing, I opted for the shot. It HURT. It wasn't a nice arm shot, it was a butt shot. Well, upper hip to be exact. But my butt still hurts from it. And so does my left leg.

I'm feeling much better today though. My throat and ears still hurt crazy bad but the headache has lessened. So far, it looks like Cael hasn't gotten it, which is great. Strep sucks, in case you didn't know. But I'm sure you do.

Well, I'm in for one more day for hanging out at home, doing laundry and other homely duties. I'm still not sure if I'll do my homework though... I don't quite have the drive to do that yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment