Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I HATE EFFING GLITTER (written on 9/24)

Yes, that's right I HATE glitter. Yesterday I spent hours folding little girls' shirts and guess what, every single freaking one of them has glitter onthem. Not even kidding. I had it all over my hands, clothes, face, and even up my nose. ICK.

So Cael and Brad are both sick. Brad has the fever/sore throat/tiredness stuff, which is really taking a toll on him. Cael has diarrhea, a high temperature, cough, runny nose, and he's all lethargic and sleeps a lot. I hop ethat either I've already gotten it and it's passed by or that it stays away from me all together. I can't afford to be sick with the house to run, Cael to take care of, and work and school. That stomach flu that I had a few weeks ago knocked me off my feet. I can't afford that again.

I went to a new doctor today, just so that I could establish care with someone in the area. Her name is Diana Brewington and she's a younger woman and very VERY kind. I also wanted to get checked for some stuff like diabetes (since it runs in my family and I've never been officially tested since my pregnancy), my thyroid, and for anemia (since I've been having problems with extreme fatigue). I couldn't do the tests today since they're fasting labs so I'll have to wait until Tuesday, when I'll have time. Luckily it's a walk-in sort of deal so no appointment is necessary.

I'm not gonna lie, I've been really homesick lately... I miss my family... I miss my friends... It's nice to have lots of people on Facebook but I still feel like I'm missing so much out of life... I'm making pseudo-friends at work and in my classes but they still don't beat that one-on-one I can have with my real friends. I miss my girl talk on Sunday mornings with Hanna. I miss getting to hang out with the gang at McDonalds or the SUB or in the hallways of the dorms. I miss going to Great Wall for a Friday night dinner with my family. Living so far away is hard...

No comments:

Post a Comment