Thursday, September 22, 2011

Funny Story From The 4's Room Today

At work, I went into the four year olds' room to help pat backs and get them to sleep. After a little while, my boss came to talk to me about doing the WalMart runs for the daycare since our cook, who normally does it, it getting far enough into her pregnancy that it's hard for her to bend and lift. Since I'm not usually working in the mornings, I was asked to do it! I couldn't say no! I love doing anything I can to help out!

Anyway, I went back into the room and worked on a few things before one of the boys had some kind of nightmare. The other teacher in the room calmed him down and he went back to sleep. After about 5 minutes and after the other teacher went on break, he woke up again and told me he had an accident. We got that all taken care of and I sat him down at the table with markers and some paper so he could color. We talked for a while and I had turned around to tell one girl to get her hair out of her mouth because she could choke on it. The boy looks at me with the straightest face and said, "I choked on a cow once." I asked him, while trying not to giggle, how that happened. He told me, "It's magic!" I thought I was going to die laughing! He and his two brothers have the best stories! His younger brother is in the room I teach in. He's an adorable little sweetheart and onery as hell lol The oldest of the three is in the five's room. He is such a firecracker and very free-spirited. He does what he wants when he wants, and seems to be living life to it's fullest. The middle boy, the one I talked to today, is mostly quiet and soft-spoken, but when you get him talking, boy does he have a lot to say! He's so charming and sweet!

I love my job so much. It's moments like this that makes me so glad I chose to work at ECOC! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment