Thursday, June 23, 2011

Tantrums Might Be The Death Of Me

Cael is getting a molar. And it SUCKS! He throws awful awful tantrums and screams until I pick him up... Which makes things difficult when I'm making dinner.

Last night's dinner was lasagna. It wasn't the best since I had Cael on one hip while attempting to spread the ingredients for the layers. When I set him on the other side of the gate in the kitchen so I could put the dish in the oven, all hell broke loose. Cael threw himself on the ground and kicked the gate down, knocking the trash can over. Brad then took Cael to bed, where he slept from 6:30 pm til 6:15 am! He even took a 3 hour nap earlier in the day at school! I was astounded and checked on him before Brad and I went to bed. He was still breathing so I let him be.

And he was SUPER happy this morning. I have NEVER seen him like that in a morning, ever. It was so weird that I kept askimg him who he was, to which he responded "Mama!" and headbutted me lol Maybe we are just a little messed up family this week!

What makes this molar problem even worse is the fact that Tylenol doesn't affect it at all. But popsicles do >.< now he's a popsicle monster. Anytime I open the fridge, he's there at my side, screaming "POP! POP!"

But as I said in one of my previous posts, no matter how bad my life seems to be, there is always someone who has it worse. For example, one of the twos in my class recently lost her uncle. She doesn't understand it, of course, as young as she is but I can see that it hurts the rest of the family. My heart goes out to them as the funeral occurs today and I hope they can find peace even though a loved one is no longer with them.

Well I'd better wrap up this post before the little people wake up or I'll be in for some trouble (why yes, I am posting during a particularly peaceful naptime at work, and yes, I did get the cleaning done lol). Hopefully your days are better. Go do something nice for someone you don't know!
Sent from my NOOKcolor

No comments:

Post a Comment