Saturday, June 11, 2011

Today Was A Fairy Tale

Just kidding!

I had a pretty good day with Cael today :) I'm hoping we can keep it that way tomorrow too!

We started out having a lazy morning: watching cartoons, eating breakfast, reading books, and napping on the futon. Then we took a shopping adventure to the Dollar Tree (where the employees have no sense of customer service), Shoe Sensation, and Hastings (where we splurged on a PS3 game for Brad lol). We continued the adventure at Wal-Mart. We went up and down every aisle, since I knew we wouldn't be walking in the evening and Cael was having fun saying "hi" and waving to everyone we passed :) I'm glad he's a friendly kid!

After returning home for a nap and to put the groceries away, I got back to work on my knitting project (a sleeve for my camera since the one that came with the camera was way too small) while Brad played some more on Paper Mario. I was so proud of myself when I finished it! I was glad I had begun a project and actually finished through with it. It doesn't look too bad, but I'm not going to post any pictures of it because it's not the best. It gets the job done though!

When Cael woke up from his nap, we had a small lunch then went to the park with Judy, Brad's mom. Cael had lots of fun going up and down the steps, going down the slide, and running around, yelling at the top of his lungs :) He also met a new friend named Joshua while playing. They got along like they had been best friends for their whole lives. Cael seemed to be asking if Joshua wanted to go on the slide, then Joshua would shake his head, babble a little, and they would both walk over to a piece of play equipment they weren't old enough to climb on. They seemed to be devising a plan on how to manage such a tall and different structure and watched the bigger kids closely as if observing them to gain knowledge of how to move on the ladders and things.

Playing in the park left us wanting ice cream, and when I say "us" I mean Judy and me. So off to Dairy Queen we went. Cael ate two chicken strips and all of the kid-sized fries. Then he showed us a new trick: he can drink out of a straw! For quite a while, any time we went to a restaurant where Cael wanted our drinks, we would hold the end of the straw and drip the drink into his mouth. Well apparently, he had started sucking the liquid out and we didn't even realize it! I'm so happy he's learned this skill because now we may be able to trade sippy cups for cups with straws (better for mouth hygiene).

Brad, Cael, and I went over to Russ and Judy's house after the excursion to DQ and we all ate dinner before heading out to Jane's house (Brad's aunt) to play in the pool. It was really freaking cold in the pool so Cael and I didn't last very long in it. Brad, Andrew, Bryan, Kylan, and Matt (Brad's brother, cousin, cousin's girlfriend's son, and other cousin) played in the pool until 10 pm! Cael and I were pretty tired though so we decided to call it a night and head home. Cael went straight to sleep as soon as I put him in bed lol I preferred to stay up and blog a little :)

But now I'm heading to bed, so good night and sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment