Friday, June 17, 2011

Watching A Movie Can Make You Think About Priorities, Believe It Or Not

Yeah, I'm watching Rent right now as I'm typing this post. I just watched the scene at the second AIDS support group meeting, and the lyrics made me think of something.
"Will I lose my dignity, will someone care? Will I wake tomorrow from this nightmare?"

Even though I think my life might suck on occasion, I still have my health, a home, a family, friends, love, my child, and my job. I know that many people out there have worse problems than I do. They need help and I want to help them. I can't help financially...but I can offer moral and emotional support. I can offer my time and services. I can offer love and hugs (totally corny, I know, but there are some times when all someone needs is a shoulder to cry on and arms to hug them).

I want everyone to know that I care.

No comments:

Post a Comment