Thursday, March 11, 2010

I Am Proud Of My Boobs

Yes, you heard me right. I am VERY proud of my boobs. :)

I had a VERY successful night of pumping, if you can't tell. Warm showers do wonders!

Before this, I could not gte the milk to come out in a steady flow. Well, enough to actually make a difference in the container anyway. I'm using a manual pump so I can only do one breast at a time but it's working a lot better than it was the first two times I used it. My milk is still tinged with red though, which kind of makes me think something is wrong with my breasts... I'm planning on asking Dr. Carr about it tomorrow when I have my appointment.

Cael had his first doctor appointment today! He has gained back 2 ounces of the weight he lost in the hospital (he weighed 7 pounds, 1 ounce when we left). Dr. Freeland said that they like to see the babies make it back up to their birth weight within the first week at home so I have to take him in tomorrow to be weighed again. His circumcision is healing up well but it's still oozing, which explains why Cael screams when we change his diaper. However, there's not much we can do other than clean it every time he's changed. His umbilical cord is getting closer to falling out but Brad and I were told that we weren't wiping it with alcohol properly. We're supposed to pull up on the stump and wipe closer to Cael's stomach. Oops... Good thhing we found out now though.

Cael has been spitting up a lot of his formula. At least, he does when I feed him. I guess I feed him just a little too much at a time. Newborns are only supposed to drink about 10 to 15 mL of formula at a time and our bottles don't indicate less than 25 mL intervals. It's hard ot tell how much he's had in small amounts like that.

He slept very well last night and, so far, is doing great tonight despite the thunder storm outside. He whimpered a lot when it first started but I think he's used to it now.

Well, I'm heading off for the night. It's late already and I have to be up early to see the doctors and whatnot. Hopefully Dr. Carr will tell me I've healed up enough to carry around the baby carrier, a thing that I've been wanting to do since I got out. I feel so useless because I have to rely on Brad to carry heavy-ish things for me. I was told when I left the hospital that I cannot carry "anything heavier than my baby." That's poo because our car seat is EXTREMELY light.

So yeah, good night all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment