Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Motherhood Is Difficult Is An Understatement

So I figured I would do a more up-to-date post since it took me four days to post the labor and delivery story :/

Cael is doing great at home! He has started to feed every four to five hours instead of every two hours and he'll take about 2 1/2 ounces at every feeding. He still spits up a lot but that's also getting better.

Sleep schedules are totally messed up... Last night Cael woke up at about 10 from a nap and didn't go back to sleep until 3 am. It was awful. He cried and fussed and wouldn't take a bottle. He fell asleep a couple of times and when I put him into the bouncy seat (we don't have a crib at the moment, we planned on having one but Cael came early so we weren't prepared) he cried and it started all over again. When he finally went to sleep, I laid down in the bed with him. Brad feels like he can't sleep in our bed if Cael's in there because he thinks he'll roll over and squish him. Cael woke up again at about 7:30 to feed again. We tried powder formula at that feeding mixed with cold water. It seemed to be fine with Cael. I think it soothed his stomach a little bit. He took down almost 3 ounces.

My mom and Hanna came over later. My mom brought over the Pack-N-Play that we'll use for a bed for now. Hanna came over to help watch Cael while Brad and I took showers and cleaned up the apartment a little (Brad played Mortal Kombat, Paper Mario, and Pokemon Stadium 2 while I was in the shower though).

I'm still working on thank you notes for all the people at my showers and that have given us gifts of money and clothes and whatnot. It's not going so well because all I want to do is sleep and play with Cael... I hope going back to classes isn't his hard but I bet it will be.

Cael makes the cutest little faces and noises! He scrunches his face up a lot and looks like a little old man. When he's awake, he's very alert and wide-eyed. He thinks it's funny when I kiss his nose and cheeks. When I pretend to eat his toes, he looks at me like I'm crazy!

Baby love is a curious thing. I only have eyes for my baby and Brad. I don't think any other baby is near as cute as Cael. Brad and Cael are my boys and I don't ever want to lose them. They are my life and my loves and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cael is sleeping right now while we are on Skype with Brad's mom, grandma, and dad. We just have the camera pointed at Cael in his bouncy seat because that's who they really want to see :) Brad and I are off in our own worlds:  he's on mIRC and I'm blogging and uploading videos on YouTube, which I'll put on here.

Cael with the hiccups

Meet Cael!

Both of these should go to YouTube and if they don't, leave a comment and I'll fix it.

I'm loving life today, even though I'm extremely sleep deprived :)

No comments:

Post a Comment