Thursday, March 4, 2010

Updates and Things

Being closer to my due date is putting things in prospective for me. I feel like a lot of things are more important now, such as having a clean apartment. Apparently my views are not shared...but you know what, I could care less. I decided to start packing my hospital bag and the diaper bag today. Maybe it's nesting, maybe it's not but I know that I will need these things fairly soon so hey, why not get it out of the way. I mean I only have three weeks left.

On Tuesday I was hospitalized AGAIN for high blood pressure, only this time they had me stay the night. Talk about creepy... Luckily, Dr. Carr cleared me to have Ambien to help me go to sleep. That helped a lot.

While I was at the hospital and hooked up to the fetal monitors and whatnot, the nurses noticed that I was having contractions. They weren't sure if it was true labor or not so I was given a relaxant and hooked up to an IV that beeped at me every 10 minutes. Not fun. They used the fluids and the relaxant to distinguish if the contractions were real or just Braxton-Hicks brought on by the high blood pressure. Turns out, they weren't Braxton-Hicks but they weren't strong enough or frequent enough to be considered "true labor." They checked my cervix anyway just to see how far along things were and guess what, I'm 3 centimeters dialated! And cervical checks HURT. I don't like them but I know I'll get 50 million more by the time this pregnancy is all over so I'll just have to get over it. I got to go home the next day with a note that says no more work or school for me until Cael gets here. Who's bothered by this? Not me, that's for sure :)

I'm still having the contractions too but they aren't changing in strength or length or anything so they said I was okay unless my water breaks. Then I have to go in right away.

I had a doctor appointment today and Dr. Carr checked my cervix yet again and I haven't progressed any farther. He did say that if Cael hasn't gotten here by 39 weeks (Which, he says, probably won't happen. Cael's moving so fast already and has dropped so far that he'll most likely be early) we can talk about inducing labor. Dr. Carr also said that there is no greater chance of me having a C-section if I'm induced rather than going into labor all on my own, which is a big relief to me. I don't want to get my stomach cut open...

I also had a meeting with a lady from Parents as Teachers, which is a Missouri organization that promotes teaching children before they reach a formal classroom to help their development. It's a really cool program but it's ONLY available in Missouri, which I think is a shame. I freaked out this morning and thought that she was there to judge our living environment and stuff like that so I had Brad clean while I was gone at my doctor appointment and rushed to do the dishes when I got back. She did nothing of the sort, just talked about the program. She's also an OB nurse so she answered a few questions I had about breast feeding and stuff like that. I really liked her and I hope that we can stay in this program.

Well, I think I'm going to head back in and finish packing my hospital bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment