Friday, March 12, 2010

One Week Thoughts

Oh my God, Cael is already a week old... They grow up so fast! *sniffle sniffle*

I haven't looked to see what "milestones" he's supposed to have hit by now but you know what, I don't care if he's made them or not. He can do whatever he wants in his own time. Here's what he can do so far:
  • Hold his head up for small periods of time
  • Stare at Brad and me like we're stupid
  • Smile almost voluntarily
  • Pee all over himself instead of Mommy and Daddy during diaper changes (he's done this three times now)
  • Flip Mommy and Daddy the bird while feeding
All of these he does with ease lol

As I'm typing, Cael is laying on my chest, just snoring away. Speaking of snoring, he only really does it during the day. At night Brad and I have to hold our breaths just to listen to him breathe. He's only scared us a couple of times though and we had to actually get up and put a hand on him to check (okay, I did this, not Brad).

Cael's little grunts and squeaks keep us thoroughly entertained. He makes the greatest faces too. He has his "thinker face" which usually means he is filling his diaper, his "surprised face" when I'm up really close to his face, and his "mad face." Brad and I wouldn't trade any moments we;ve had with him so far.

I can't wait until he grows up but then again, I don't want him to grow up. I want to be the person he relies on for all eternity. If he grows up, he'll be more and more independent and won't need Mommy... I hope this doesn't make me act over-protective as he matures. I would hate to be a controlling mom.

"I was born to tell you I love you." - Your Call by Secondhand Serenade (the song that came on Windows Media Player just now)

And I think this is true. I feel like I was born for this moment, for motherhood. I'm not saying I want billions of kids. I'm saying I feel that being primarily a mother is what I'm being called to do. And that's not meaning that I'm going ot drop out of school and become a full-time house mom, although being a house mom probably wouldn't bother me all that much. More time with my children and more time to get house things done. But that's something to think about in the future. I don't want to waste my college education or anything. Maybe I'd run a home daycare service or something.

Cael and Brad will always come first in my life. I wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments:

Post a Comment