Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Hello All, New Blogger Here

Hi there, my name is Shelby and, as you might be able to tell from the title of my blog, I'm going to be a mommy. My baby boy, Cael Luther, is scheduled to arrive in March and I'm really freaking out about everything from baby clothes to the actually delivery. I have also recently moved into an apartment with my boyfriend Brad, who is Cael's dad.

Life in the apartment is SUPER stressful. First of all, the previous tenant did not take care of this living space so there is mold...and rust...and there are stains on the carpet... But that's not the biggest problem. You guessed it, we have cockroaches. GIANT ones. The ones that have built up an immunity to pretty much everything we throw at them (other than bug bombs because of the chemicals). The peeling paint, stains, smells, and small space I can deal with but when one of these critters crawls out of the wall or onto the floor, I blow a gasket. I'm a pretty high-strung person as it is and this on top of pregnancy is more than I can bear...

Oh did I also mention I'm only 18 and still attending college? That piles on quite a lot of stress as well. I'm currently a freshman at Truman State University and I begin my second semester on January 11th. Not only do I now have to pay for this apartment, the food that goes in it, and any "entertainment" fees we have, but books and any lab fees as well. NOT fun...

Having Brad here with me in my last trimester has helped so much. He is my rock. He is my support. He has loved me even though I've been moody and mean a lot. He means as much to me as our son. Brad is my life and my love.

We've known each other for about a year and a half. We met through my best friend Miranda, who had been dating him at the time. Their relationship turned rocky and, though they didn't know it at the time, they had both turned to me for help. No, I did not attempt to sabotage their relationship. I was with a good boyfriend at the time their troubles started and I had worked my way through two more by the time they broke up. When Brad started talking to me again (after a nasty breakup with Miranda), it was to help me this time. Brandon had dumped me saying I was "too clingy" (though he was actually the one who proposed after 3 days of dating, texted me every second of every day, and got mad at me for not answering every single text, but whatever) and I had reverted to my "old ways," which is what I'll call it until somebody wants to know. He stopped me and told me that I was appreciated and loved, even if it wasn't from someone I expected. Our relationship and trust grew after that and, after about two weeks of talking, he asked me out. I had doubts about our relationship though. You see, he lived 3 hours away. I didn't think we would last. Boy, was I wrong. (almost) 13 months later, we are still together and having a baby. I love that he has stayed with me. I would NEVER dream of hurting him intentionally in any way. He has always been there for me, and I will gie him the same courtesy.

Well I hope to write a new blog installment every few days so for all those who are interested in reading my posts, thanks for reading. I really do appreciate it. Comment too, if you feel so inclined.

Thanks again. Until next time, live life as best as you can.

1 comment:

  1. Awww...I saw that you didn't have a comment here, so I decided I would at least say this...


    FIRST!

    ReplyDelete